Skip to content

Posts tagged ‘tax documnets’


Tax Documents

In my last blog, I discussed getting ready for tax time. Here is a list of common documents many taxpayers will need. You can print out this blog post and check off the items that apply to your situation and make sure you have them when you or your tax preparer are ready to file your forms.

  • W-2 forms from employers
  • 1099-MISC forms for self-employment income
  • 1099-INT forms for interest
  • 1099-DIV forms for dividends
  • 1099-B forms for brokerage trades in stocks and bonds
  • K-1 forms for income from a partnership, small business or trust
  • 1099-SSA form showing any Social Security benefits received

Gather documents for any income not reported on an IRS form, such as rental income or alimony, and all canceled checks, receipts or spreadsheets for any tax-related expenses. If you paid federal and/or state estimated taxes, bring canceled checks and a summary of your payments.

It happens every year, so be prepared and be positively productive!